Local Summer Soccer Heats Up with Maryland League

Alyssa Foote, Staff Writer

Summer is coming up, and now there is going to be a summer soccer league for interested players!

Top Flight is a summer 11v11 soccer league for local high school players and is open to teams or individuals who would be interested in participating. 

This is a running soccer league for high schoolers and incoming 9th graders. It is a great opportunity for younger people to play with potential high school teammates and get some touches on the ball over the summer. 

There are 7 league games, and they will be played on Monday evenings starting June 6th until July 24th. Games will be played in twenty-five-minute halves with a five-minute half time. 

Ava Tischler, a 9th grader who attends Bel Air High School, was asked about her experience with Top Flight last year. At first, she was hesitant. “It was scary at first because there were older girls around and obviously high school is scary, but overall, I don’t regret doing Top Flight; it helped me get to know people at Bel Air and give me a good look at what high school soccer would be like.” 

Eleventh Grader Cristique Duvall  also attends Bel Air High School. She enjoyed her summer experience at Top Flight. “I feel like it was a good way to meet new people and get the experience of high school soccer. I highly recommend doing it because it gives you the feel of the intensity in high school soccer.” 

To register for Top Flight Summer Leagues, you can use the link below. The cost is $85 per person.

https://www.tflightsports.com/page/show/6994237-11v11-summer-league 

All games will be played at Cedar Lane Regional Park, and games will be played on Mondays at 5:00pm, 7:00pm, 8.00pm or 9:00pm.