Harford Invitational

Aidan Lake, Sports Editor

On Tuesday, Oct. 18, the Bel Air Bobcats Cross Country Team competed in the Harford Invitational. As a team, the boys finished third, and the girls finished second.

The race was at C. Milton Wright High School and included in-county rivals Patterson Mill, Harford Tech, Fallston, C. Milton Wright, Havre de Grace, and Edgewood.  

The boys finished in third place with a score of 50, behind Fallston who finished second with a score of 49, and C. Milton who finished first with a score of 47. As the scores show, it was a close race.

The Bobcat Boys finished in third despite having only three of their top five runners. Junior Kieran McDermott came in first place with a time of 16:24.1. Not far behind McDermott, Bel Air’s Nick Hammond ran a 16:53.1 to finish the race in second place. In fourth place, fellow Bobcat Ethan Gray ran a 16:57.7.

As a team, the Lady Bobcats finished second with a score of 69, behind the home Mustangs who had a final score of 34.

“Despite the record breaking heat, the team was able to push through the pain and run hard.” Senior Captain Taylor Patrick says. “Several people on the team stepped up and I think we have the potential to do really well up through the state meet.”

The Bobcats Cross Country Team is looking forward to its next meet, the UCBAC Championship at Fair Hill on Tuesday, Oct. 24. Go Bobcats!