Post AP Test Reflections

Ethan Dean, Staff Writer

Now that AP Testing has fully wrapped up, students are beginning to feel the tension and weight lift off their shoulders as the end of the year approaches. 

The AP World History Modern test was from 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on Thursday, May 11. Students answered 55 multiple-choice questions, 3 short answer questions, 1 document based question, and 1 long essay question. A lot of students expressed a huge feeling of relief immediately after taking the test, something all AP students felt. 

However, that relief can be cloudy. Once you take the AP test, your score will still need to be determined, and you won’t be able to see it until early July. Most colleges will take 3’s, 4’s, or 5’s as a college credit for the class you tested. However, some colleges won’t accept 3’s, only awarding a college credit to the highest of scorers.  

In terms of your AP classes, the workload will dramatically decrease, as the bulk of the content is long completed, and cramming will let up. In AP World, we are watching Moana to learn about “Polynesian Migrations” and to wind down after such a taxing test day.  

Remember, the AP test is… just a test. There’s nothing more to it. Will it save you some money if you get awarded the credit? Absolutely. However, it is just a measure of how well you knew what was asked for 4 hours in a room. You can’t let the score you receive in May define who you are because that’s stupid.  

Now that AP Week is over, it’s time to relax and prepare for finals. Seniors are actively taking finals and getting ready for their last week and graduation. Freshman, Sophomores, and Juniors now have a few weeks to return to normal before finals prep really begins. If you got good grades for the majority of the year, finals won’t hold as much weight as you would think.  

As standardized testing season is finally coming to a close alongside the school year, remember that you got through it and probably did very well! All the preparation you did was worth it in the end because the experience you got was beneficial for the rest of your life.  

We’re in the homestretch, but don’t let up just yet. Finals are on the way!