A Senior’s Take on High School’s Grand Finale

First things first, “senioritis” is definitely real.

Brayden Lusby, Staff Writer

As a senior, I can say that this year has been a mix of emotions. One second, I’m excited to graduate. Next, I’m freaking out about college applications and my future. But through it all, I’ve learned a lot about myself and what it means to be a senior in high school. 

First things first, “senioritis” is definitely real. I didn’t really believe it until I experienced it (currently experiencing it as I’m typing this). The struggle to get out of bed in the morning and make it to class is real. But somehow, we managed to push through and make it to the end. 

One of the best parts of senior year is the traditions. From senior skip day to prom, we have a lot of fun events to look forward to. Don’t forget the part-time school option. As much as we love the traditions, senior year is also a time to reflect on our high school experiences. It’s a time to appreciate the teachers who have been there for us, the teachers who have helped us grow, and the memories we’ve all made along the way. It’s time to say goodbye to the place we’ve met (almost) every week for the last 4 years (not including the Covid year, ew). 

So, as I prepare to graduate and enter the so-called “real world,” I’m grateful for what high school has taught me. From learning how to balance academics and extracurriculars, to making lifelong friends, I definitely wouldn’t be the person I am today without these experiences. 

Senior year may be the “grand finale” of high school, but it’s also the beginning of a new chapter in our lives. And I can’t wait to see where the future takes us.