Prom Countdown! Are You Ready?

Bel Air High School’s Prom is only days away!  

Prom Countdown! Are You Ready?

Alondra Martinez, Staff Writer

Hopefully you have your outfit planned and ready, figured out who your prom group will be, and most importantly, bought a ticket! However, there are some small but important details you may have missed so I’m here to remind you of those last minute details.  

#1: Transportation 

You may have a Prom group, but how are you arriving to your picture spot, dinner, and Prom itself? You and your group should determine if you’re driving separately, together, or hiring a transportation service like a fun party bus, a car service like Uber or Lyft if you’re old enough, or a limousine if you want to make a grand entrance to Prom! 

#2: Dinner 

Prom is four hours long! The event starts at 6:30PM and will end at 10:30PM. Food will be provided, including finger foods such as chicken tenders, macaroni and cheese balls, and so on but you and your group may want to indulge in a bigger and fuller meal.  

Prom is being held at Ripken Stadium and there are some great restaurants not too far from the venue. If you want something a bit more laidback, I’d recommend La Cucina in Havre de Grace, and if you want something more upscale and fancy I’d recommend Tidewater Grille which is also located in Havre de Grace by the water. I know a lot of prom-goers will be in Havre de Grace taking photos so they might as well stop by one of these great restaurants! 

#3: Emergency Kit 

Let’s admit it, we all have a fear of our dress or tux ripping, and to ease that fear I’d suggest bringing a mini sew kit with you just in case the worst happens! You might not know how to sew but I’m sure a chaperone or fellow friend would be able to help you out. 

I’d also bring a few other small things, such as deodorant; medicine, to prevent headaches or an upset stomach, or comfy shoes just in case your dress shoes or high heels are a bit too tight. 

#4: BAHS ChemFree After-Prom Party 

BAHS ChemFree Senior Events will be hosting an exciting After-Prom Party at the Arena Club from 11PM-3AM which is free for all seniors and their guests to attend! Some exciting activities going on will include open trampolines, obstacle course, games such as human bowling and inflatable axe throwing, and an outdoor movie under the stars. There’s so much more going on as well! 

Like I mentioned, the After-Prom Party is free but all students and guests will need to sign multiple waivers and get those turned in before the big event. These waivers can be found under “After-Prom Party Sponsored by BAHS ChemFree” on the Student Resources page on Canvas. Make sure to turn them in or you cannot go to the After-Prom Party!! Also, make sure to bring some comfy clothes and shoes that you can change into once you arrived to the Arena Club. Personally, I don’t want to do an obstacle course in my Prom dress.  

#5: Last Minute Checklist 

I’m sure the day of Prom will be a bit chaotic, so I’d recommend making a checklist just to make sure you have every single thing down and checked off. Some things I’d include on your checklist are making sure your prom outfit is ready and ironed/steamed, all of your cosmetic appointments are booked and you have the correct time down, you know where you and your group are taking pictures and at what time, and lastly relax before the exciting night ahead of you. This might be your first and last prom so make it count!