Spring Break Blooms Hope for 4th Quarter

Reagan Ketcham, Staff Writer

Spring break is a necessary stretch of time that gives students the reset to prepare them to finish out the school year. After a long 3rd quarter, the student’s motivation decreases after going to school every single day for a few months. This requires a break to recharge their batteries and prepare to come back strong for 4th quarter finals and tests to finish the school year.  

During spring break, students get to enjoy a school/stress free life for around a week before returning to the chaos. In this time, it is very popular that the students spend time with their families, and possibly go on vacation. This time with family and the outdoors is crucial to the lives of the students because it helps relax the mind when surrounded by things they enjoy.  

Spring break helps support and strengthen the mental health of people as well. After a long time of working to an extreme, the students drained and need a “pick-me-up” so they can go back strong and finish the last of the school year without completely falling apart.  

The opportunity to let the people on spring break choose how they want their day to be increases when spring break occurs. The allowance of spending time with family/ friends, exploring the outdoors through a vacation, resting, and building mental health back up is boosted when the time being spent at school is not an activity of our everyday routines.  

Spring break overall is crucial to the students and should not be taken for granted. The improvements, not only to academic lives, but the mental and physical lives of the students are drastic and allow for students to hold strong throughout the finish line of the school year.