Nothing’s Better than Bobcat Bites!

Molly Olschewske, Staff Writer

Bobcat Bites is an in-house catering program, featuring food made by senior students sold to teachers at Bel Air High School. This program is managed by teacher Ms. Amanda Scott, who is also known by many as Chef Scott.

Chef Scott began working here at Bel Air High School in 2015, which is when her senior students expressed that they would be interested in making faculty lunches. They are the ones who came up with the idea for Bobcat Bites, Bel Air’s own catering service. 

A Bobcat Bites meal cost $8.00 for an entrée, a side dish, a dessert, and a beverage. Currently, food can only be sold to faculty and staff; however, Bobcat Bites has catered for internal school events and prepared food for community organizations such as Harford Artist’s Association. More recently, Bobcat Bites was temporarily shut down due to the Covid-19 pandemic, but now it is back and better than ever! 

If you’re interested in being a part of Bobcat Bites, you must take and pass Intro to Food Prep in 10th grade and Advanced Food Prep in 11th grade.  In students’ senior year, they enroll in the Hospitality dual class program, having classes back to back which allows for food planning, prep and packaging. This gives students 3 full hours of time, instead of a usual 90 minutes in one class.

This holiday season, Bobcat Bites is offering a baked goods sale to fundraise for the program. If you’re interested in purchasing, please email Chef Scott at [email protected]!