Hoco Spirit Week: Photo Gallery

Bel Air High School students and staff are participating in spirit week from Monday, October 3 to Friday, October 7. 

Hoco Spirit Week: Photo Gallery

Ethan Dean, Staff Writer

Bel Air High School students and staff are participating in spirit week from Monday, October 3 to Friday, October 7, going above and beyond and getting excited for the football game and dance.  

Monday’s theme was Pajama Day, a spirit week staple. Flannel pants were the biggest trend, specifically the red ones you find at every Target. Sophomore Olivia Mannion wore a candy cane pajama suit, looking comfortable and ready for bed. Sophomore Faith Park changed into an Olaf onesie, garnering laughs and attention. Many teachers participated, including Ms. Jessica Antonakos (pictured), known to her students as Madame A. She wore a blue starry pajama suit and cozy slippers.

Tuesday’s theme was Hawaiian Day, a simple and colorful theme before students had a day off on Wednesday. Leis were handed out by teachers and students, so colors burst through the halls. Hawaiian shirts were of course on display, but Mrs. Deanna Smith’s homeroom, A219, looked straight out of Honolulu with their participation.

Dr. Rebecca Gault and Mrs. Laura Willhelm (pictured) were standout teachers who went all in. Tuesday was a great day for Bel Air High School spirit week!

Thursday’s theme was Disney Day, a unique theme with a lot of options. Students showed off their unique Mickey ears, with variation all over. Characters like Jack Skellington and Woody from Toy Story were roaming the halls all morning. Many teachers participated, including Mrs. Christin Orth in her Minnie Mouse gear (pictured).  The math department really delivered, with Mrs. Katie Roppelt, Mr. Andrew Kassouf, and Mrs. Susan Taylor dressing up as Belle and Beast from Beauty and the Beast, and Ursula from The Little Mermaid (pictured).

Friday’s theme was “Togas and Crowns” for seniors, and Bobcat Gear for everyone else. Students showed their Bobcat pride with sweatshirts, sweatpants, and athlete uniforms. However, today highlighted seniors, with Mrs. Deanna Smith’s homeroom again knocking it out of the park, looking straight out of the ancient world!

Mrs, Deanna Smith’s senior homeroom participated happily in “Toga and Crowns” day. (Ethan Dean)

2022 is underway and its first spirit week has wrapped up! We appreciate everyone’s participation and school spirit this week, and if you didn’t join in on the fun, look out for Red Ribbon Week at the end of October!