Student Section Etiquette: Bobcat Nation Do’s and Don’ts

Ellie Harris, Staff Writer

With Bel Air High school fall sports at the heart of their season and winter sports fast approaching, Bobcat fans are eager to show their support for each activity. With all the passionate spirit, students may need a refresher in student section etiquette.  It has become all too easy to forget that respect is something that carries on from school to activities.

Here are some reminders of how to have fun while following the basic rules of our student section!

1. Kindness first. Be polite to everyone around you. Students are representatives of our school so we want to make everyone feel welcome and safe!

2. Be fashionably early! Arriving early is quite important to getting a seat and being there for when our Bobcats are announced. The earlier you are, the longer you have to settle in and be prepared for the game to start.

3. “The Unspoken Seating Arrangement.” To put it simply, seniors want to be on display! The older the grade, the closer to the front people sit. Don’t worry freshmen, your time will come before you know it! 

4. Check the weather. As the seasons change, so does the weather. Before you go to cheer on our Bobcats, make sure to look at the elements. Late in the fall specifically, layer up!

5. Cheer, Cheer and Cheer some more! Cheering is a huge part of the fun while experiencing our athletics. Listed below is a new chant that you may hear on a gameday.

“Pirate” ChantSenior Spirit Leader: I can’t hear you…Class: I, I, Captain!Senior Spirit Leader: I can’t hear you…Class: I, I, Captain!All: (put up magic hands) “OOOOooo…”[Bobcat Nation Chant follows]Say “Bobcat Nation!” then clap 3x.

Repeat this only 3 times in total.

Remember these rules next time you find yourself at a Bobcat Athletic event.

Have fun, Bobcat nation!!!