Brent and Trevor Lorin Receive MSWA All-Academic Team Honors

Jack Brink, Editor in Chief

The 2018 MSWA All-Academic Team was officially announced on Friday, May 12, 2018 and two Bel Air wrestlers made the cut, Junior Captain Brent Lorin made First Team and Freshman Trevor Lorin made Second Team.

To receive this prestigious honor, the recipient must excel both in academics and in wrestling. The Lorin brothers give it their all in both these categories, and it shows. Trevor currently has a 4.625 GPA and during this year’s wrestling season, Trevor captured an UCBAC and Regional championship en route to a sixth place finish at States, while his brother, Brent, a two time Maryland State Wrestling Champion holds a 5.0 GPA and placed third this year at States, and will be returning as one of the team captains for next year’s season.

Their wrestling coach, Coach Craig Reddish holds them in very high regard, stating “The Lorin brothers take everything they do serious, athletics as well as academics. They both want to do their very best in all things they are involved in. They are high achievers with high expectations. What’s great is that they work hard for the things they accomplish. I’m proud of them.”

The Lorin Brothers are extremely dedicated in all of their pursuits, and have especially put in mounds of effort to hone their craft on the mat, practicing Wrestling, Judo, and Taekwondo every week, even when the season has long been over.

“It’s really exciting to get an award that shows off all my hard work and dedication both in my wrestling and in my academics.” says Trevor.

Brent and Trevor are both high achievers in other extracurricular activities as well. Both brothers are members of many different clubs around the school, as well as students in the Biomed program, and both are Class President in their respective grades.

“Receiving the honor of being on the State Wrestling Academic team is important to me as a student athlete because it says that athletes aren’t solely focused on our sports, but that we also have strong academics as well.” says Brent.

Both brothers are extremely bright kids with even brighter futures, and they have both earned all of their success by being two of the hardest working students in the school. They are great representatives of Bel Air on the state level.