Getting Red Carpet Ready for BAHS 2023 Prom

Alondra Martinez, Staff Writer

Dazzling dresses, grand fireworks, and a splendid red carpet are just some of the exciting elements that will be awaiting prom goers on May 20th 

Bel Air High School is hosting their annual Senior Prom on May 20th, 2023, at Ripken Stadium. The theme this year will be “Red Carpet! ” The theme was selected by vote and then finalized by the prom council, according to a source.

Some feathered table centerpieces will be used at this year’s prom. (Alondra Martinez)

Carlos Sanchez, the Senior Class President, revealed some of the features seniors should expect upon arrival, “There’s going to be a red carpet, [students] will walk up to the entrance on and we’ll have a lot of food options including an appetizer buffet, and we’re going to have fireworks.” Not only has Carlos started generating excitement among seniors but some other students have taken the initiative as well. 

We all know Instagram is one of the most popular places for high school students alike, and there’s a new account that has been generating some buzz.  

The new Instagram account, “bahsprom23,” is ran by several seniors whose purpose is to prevent prom goers from having the same dress. The way the account works is an individual would send a direct message of their prom dress to the account and the owners of the account would then post it for everyone to see. This is so that the individual is the only one with the dress at Prom. 

The account is just for fun and it’s not discouraging anyone from buying the same or similar dress that someone else might have, but it has most certainly helped prom-goers with ensuring that their dress might be one of a kind. 

Prom may possibly be three months away but that doesn’t mean prom-goers should wait until the day before: remember to buy your outfit, figure out where you and your friends might want to take pictures, and how you plan on making your grand entrance! Prom is a night you’ll always remember.  

Prom Committee is getting ready to unpack the decorations. (Alondra Martinez)