Fall Concert a Colorful Collection of Tunes

The Bel Air High School Music Department Choir will be performing together on Wednesday, October 26 at Bel Air High School at 7pm.

Makaila Guerrier, Staff Writer

The Bel Air High School Music Department Choir will be performing together on Wednesday, October 26 at Bel Air High School at 7pm. The choir will be led by Ms. Terri Mathews, Music Department Chairperson and Director of Choir. The theme selected for this year’s performance is “colors!”

Performance selections include popular hits, Backstreet Boys’ “I Want It That Way,” “The Pink Panther Theme Song,” Israel Kamakawiwoʻole’s “Over the Rainbow” and “True Colors” by Justin Timberlake and Anna Kendrick. Each of these songs express colors in different ways that will connect to the audience’s hearts.

According to chairperson Mathews, she conducts the chorus every day to prepare for the show. Each level of chorus will be together on the stage mixing their voices in harmony. There will be some solo voices found amongst the crowd, but these voices have not been chosen yet. Give them a big cheer and your support when you hear them on stage!

The chorus students work hard every day, with some working extra hard to audition for All County Chorus. For those who do not know, All County is where select students from all schools in Harford County come together to perform in one big choir.

Please give our choir support by coming down to see them this October!

The 2022 BAHS Choir poses in their practice room. (Makaila Guerrier)