NHS Bracelets make a Comeback at Buontempos

Brogan Gerhart, News Editor

As many of you may recall, before the holiday break and the beginning of the New Year, members of NHS sold African bracelets and necklaces in the cafeteria to help benefit Bethel Junior School, a primary school located in Uganda.

With the pieces starting at $3.00 each, NHS members raised a stunning total of $548.00 over the week-long span that they had been selling the bracelets.

“I am really happy that the bracelets [sold] so well. It is such a great cause.” NHS Advisor, Kelly Blackburn, says, “This reminds us of just how lucky we are.”

Many other members of the school faculty and student body are also very excited for the chance to contribute to help those in need.

Lydia Rothbard, NHS Vice President, expresses her emotions toward the project by stating, “I’m extremely grateful for the opportunity NHS has to make a difference for this elementary school in a poor developing nation.”

Now, if you missed your chance to grab one of these amazing pieces of jewelry, don’t worry! The National Honor Society will be returning with this fundraiser Wednesday, Jan. 27 at Buontempo Brothers on Main Street from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. So grab your family and friends and support this amazing cause!

In the world that we live in, we are very lucky to have everything that we do. Take this chance to make someone else’s day a little bit better and their world a whole lot brighter. See you there!