Ways to Deck the Halls

Konnor-Ashley Randlett, News Editor

Going on now until Dec. 21, Bel Air High School and the Tri M Music Society will be collecting toys for the local foundation, Toys for Tots. As you walk into school, you will see big red boxes where you can bring your donations.

The toys that are donated must be new and unwrapped toys. The toys donated will go straight to the foundation where they will be wrapped and sent out to various families in the area. A toy train comes to pick up the toys on the 21st, which you will be able to see outside the school!

Leah Rolf, the president of Tri M, and a major help in planning the fundraiser says, “Toys for Tots is an excellent chance for us to help in the community. Around this time of year, we forget that there are a lot less fortunate in our community and Toys for Tots is a great charity.”

The past two years that we have collected toys, Bel Air has been able to collect over 12 full boxes of toys. The goal for this year is to exceed this and allow more families to experience the joy of receiving gifts on Christmas morning.

If you have any further questions, there will be an announcement every morning about Toys for Tots and a slide on the slide show. You can also feel free to ask any member of the Tri M Society.

This time of year is a wonderful time to spread charity and kindness to those who receive very little. Many of us here at Bel Air are extremely fortunate enough to experience what we do and have what we have. We all remember the joy of waking up on Christmas morning and opening up all our toys. By participating, you’re taking that one extra step to provide a magical Christmas for those who are less fortunate.