Ways to Celebrate the End of the School Year

Cassi Misciagna, Features Editor

With the final week of the 2015 to 2016 school year coming to an end, many students are preparing to celebrate and take a break from their studies for the summer.

An easy way to celebrate a successful year is by throwing a party. For those who want to kick off the summer with a bang, this option allows them the chance to celebrate with friends and enjoy being out of school together. With party stores like Party City selling anything needed to celebrate year-round, finding the right decorations for any occasion or theme is quick and easy.

Going to an amusement park is an exciting way to relax from a stressful year. For thrill seekers, rollercoasters are just the thing to get their adrenaline pumping. In addition, water rides and smaller games booths allow those with less exhilarating tastes to enjoy themselves as well. For families with small children and teenagers alike, this activity can be loads of fun for all ages!

Cooking a special dinner with family or going out to eat is a great way to celebrate. For people who do not want to plan a large event, this is a simple way to have a small, personal, and delicious party. It gives people time to bond with family members while also enjoying a great meal. With multiple restaurants for any type of food finding, going out and satisfying everyone’s tastes is always fun!      

Trying something bold and new is a way to explore the possibilities of a new year. Either by eating something new, going to a new place, or trying a new activity, anyone can make the last day of school one to remember.    

Making a slideshow, or video, of good times and memories with friends is an easy way to look back on the events of the previous year even without a yearbook. With smartphones and laptops, creating your own personal video, or a scrapbook using pictures and videos from the year, is easier than ever. With Windows Movie Maker and iMovie, students can import their photos and videos quickly and with no cost to create their own presentation.

After a long school year, just relaxing at home with family can be a great way to prepare for next year and the upcoming summer. During this time, people can plan out what they want to do over the summer while maybe reading a book or watching a movie, just relaxing and hanging out with the people you love.

With the end of the school year just around the corner, I hope this list helped in giving all you Bobcats some ideas on how you’re going to celebrate this summer break. Just remember to have fun and enjoy yourself!